If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace.

--Hamilton Fish

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I have a new love...

Maybe I should call it an addiction.  I've had to limit myself to only once a month.  If not, I'll spend a fortune.  It's terribly unhealthy.

What, you say?  Drugs, alcohol, an illicit affair?

Nope.  It's worse.

It's online antique auctions.

In two weeks, I've spent $*#*%@&  (can't reveal the actual number in case someone tells David...) and who knows how many hours checking the furniture, collectibles, and junk for sale on www.proxibid.com.

I've even made a trip to Greenville, SC to pick up 3 beds, 3 end tables, a night stand, a wooden chest, 6 chairs, various Degenhart glass pieces, an old bottle crate, a Shawnee planter, a Fiestaware platter, and several old planters, one of which is a McCoy.  I told David I was picking up a bed.  Only.

I just got a box from Kansas today.  It has some Christmas plates, a depression glass creamer, and a couple of other things.  Cost me only 36 dollars.

And 14 dollars to ship it.

I'm visiting Manchester, TN Thursday.  Two old library chairs.

I have 5 more boxes coming in the next week or so.  Or maybe 6??

Yeah.  I'm addicted.

Just don't bid against me.  Or do...please...

No comments:

Post a Comment