If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace.

--Hamilton Fish

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Is anybody out there melting?? I mean, besides me...

Okay, so I'm watching the 5:00 news on Channel 2 and I hear Glenn Burns say, "we'll get a break from this heat June 21st."

EXCUSE ME??  June 21st, last time I checked, is the official first day of summer.  This is spring, for goodness sake.  96 degrees???  On June 2nd?  I think I need to move to, I don't know, anywhere but here, where it's 96 degrees in SPRING...

I'm through with that rant (I think) and I'm going to go on to the next thing I heard.  The state of Georgia is about to increase the gas tax, for the second time in two months, I might add.  It's going up 1 to 2 cents a gallon.  Yes, I realize that's less than a quarter per fill up.  But damn, first it's the Texas lizard that's supposed to make it go up to $5 a gallon by summer (when they put the little reptile on the endangered species list) and now they're sneaking in another tax on us.

Add the gas prices to the heat and I'm just a happy camper sitting here at home, with the air on and every fan in the house aimed my way.  At least until I can't afford the air conditioner bill...

Have I told you about my daughter's puppy?  When we went to visit Thomasville a couple of months ago we saw the cutest little dog at the soccer fields.  He was a Chorkie--half Yorkshire Terrier and half Chihuahua.  Not a big fan of Chihuahuas myself, but this was seriously the cutest little dog I've ever seen.  So anyway, I did all the "you don't have time for a dog, you can't afford a dog, etc, etc" speeches and she agreed, but right before graduation she says to us, "you know I won't have any family down there and a puppy could be my family..." and within two days there we were, scouring the internet to find a Chorkie.


it's hard work being cute!

yes, they changed my name to Aubie!

I am adorable!

on the way to Mommy's graduation
He's a cutie alright.  A cutie who has chewed the top corner of my footboard, the back of the rocking chair's rocker, and the black mesh-like fabric on the underside of my box springs.

This is what I know.  It's hotter upstairs in my bedroom (where I need to sit to make sure he doesn't destroy my room any further, and where my husband has hung out with him so much that Aubie loves him more than the rest of us put together) than it is downstairs in my house right now.  And it's another month before Kelli moves and takes him with her.

And if we had it to do over, we'd buy him again.  What will we do when they move?

No comments:

Post a Comment