If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace.

--Hamilton Fish

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

I am thankful for:

My husband.  He doesn't have the beard now.  But I've never seen him...NEVER...without the mustache.  He also wasn't asleep here.  He just hates to have his picture taken.



My kids.  And their significant others.  My children have chosen people who make their lives richer, fuller and brighter.  I'm proud of them.  All of them.

My grandson.  He's beautiful, funny, smart and loving.  I'm sure there will be others.  And I'll love them just as much.







My furry babies.  Mikko, Itty, Bo, Kirby, Buddy, Aubie, in that order.  No picture of Dude, the Siamese cat. And as much as Buddy barks, as much as Kirby sheds, as much as Itty claws, etc...I still love them.  They make me smile.






My extra children.  The ones we've "adopted" over the years.  The ones who have become family.  The ones pictured here and the ones not pictured.  They know they're loved and always welcome at our house.

There are so many other things I'm thankful for; I couldn't even begin to list them all.  My parents and sisters and friends...

This is what I know:  there are 364 other days to be thankful.  It's not a one day special.  So I'll try to take more moments, every day, and stop and be thankful for all that is good in my life.  That's my Thanksgiving Day resolution. ;o)

1 comment: