If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace.

--Hamilton Fish

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The High Chair!

It's done!  This is the pictorial evolution of an old wooden high chair, spray painted white for a first child, fancied up for the second!

Nice chair, but boring, right?

Bought all the paints, excited to get started.

Jackie picked the colors from several samples I brought home; left it up to me to decide  where they went.

Trying to come up with a plan!

Along about now, I was thinking "this isn't as easy as I thought it would be?!?"

I like the color combination!

Wondering what to do next...

Love the blue and pink, but too predictable.

The orangey color is my favorite!

Wondering if I should stop...

Starting to add the details.

This is fun!  (Hoping I'll know when to stop!)

OK.  At this point I decided the seat was too solid.  Even though Jackie doesn't like yellow, I thought it needed either white or yellow for a pop.  So I made a home depot run and bought some paint tape and took a chance!

Yellow.  Like the centers of the flowers.  Hope it looks alright.

Now what?  Not crazy about the stripes.

Maybe if the stripes are in more places?!?

And I know I'm going to put dots on the legs, so why not in the seat!?

It's coming together!  I think I like!

We're about 2 weeks in at this point.  Hmmmmmm.

I'm liking it, but I need to add the flowers to the inside of the arms too.  And I think I'll stripe the top of the arms like the back.  Apparently at this point I had decided to never quit painting on this chair...

I think the details are cute!

It's time to do the tray!

Had Jackie choose the font she wanted from about 10 or 12 options.  She narrowed it down to two.

For some reason, I didn't take any pictures of the tray until it was almost done.  Oh, and those are my toes...

I like.

Decided the arms of the tray needed a little something too.

Finished.  Just adding the 5 coats of sealer......

Put it all together to see how it looked.

Juliette is getting a high chair for her first birthday November 1st.

Shhhhh.  Don't tell her.  It's a secret!!
Love you Jackie!  Hope you love it!!!  And you can show Jason that it's not ALL purple!!

No comments:

Post a Comment