If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace.

--Hamilton Fish

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Graduation Day!!

Hey y'all...it's been crazy at my house for the last week or so....
Kelli graduated from college!!!
and the rest of us celebrated!  We had a party at the lake last Friday for friends and relatives which involved a bunch of planning and cooking and mostly loading and unloading of cars and boats.  Great time with everyone, and lots of fun on the lake.  Graduation was actually Saturday morning; weather was awesome and it was a wonderful day...graduation, cookout at Ally's, then more lake fun and grilling of steaks and scallops for dinner!  (Did I mention we ate well???)  We were all surprised by Kelli's ex-coach from Argentina, Juanpa, along with a special visit from Chris and Jenn from Thomasville.  Chris was Juanpa's assistant and will be Kelli's new boss in south Georgia!  All-in-all, it was a great weekend and it took until today to even think about doing anything productive.  Can you say old and tired???

There were 6 girls who stuck it out and played soccer together all four years.  Kelli and two of the others played club soccer together since they were 10 or so as well.  They referred to themselves as the sophomore six; they came in with a few others as freshmen but the six of them lasted all four years.  Anyway, I painted each of the other five girls a picture as a little graduation gift.  Here are the canvases, some of which weren't completely finished when I took these pictures, but for some reason I didn't take finished pictures of them??!:

for Binks

for Kayla (unfinished when photo was taken)

for MR
for New

for Ally (not finished in this picture...)

As for food, Thursday before we left I cooked 3 pork roasts and made barbeque of them.  I also made s'mores in bell jars, fruit cups in cinnamon/sugar tortillas, and really that's all I cooked before we left.  I have to admit, I bought macaroni, potato salad, and baked beans from a caterer in Milledgeville.  She's the sister of a lady Kelli worked with in the solicitor's office, and her food is awesome!  I almost couldn't lift the giant pan of mac and cheese to get it in the oven!!

This is what I know...I'm proud of my intelligent, beautiful, caring daughter.  And I love her very much!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Anita you should be so proud!! Also you are a good artist. Sounds like you all had a good time!!!

    ReplyDelete