If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace.

--Hamilton Fish

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday at the Masters

No.  I'm not there.  I haven't even watched it all on TV today.  But I'm watching the very end, and apparently that's all anybody needed to see.  Tiger and Geoff are already in the clubhouse at 10 under, which looked promising at the time, but now Jason Day, Adam Scott, and Charl Schwartzel are running away with it.  Not so familiar maybe, but right now Schwartzel is leading, and everybody else is running out of time.

Rory McIlroy, sadly, if you like him, has imploded.  His lead of the previous three days has disappeared.  He's about 8 back at this point and looks like he'd pay to get off the course.  NOW.

But the Masters isn't just about golf, or the green jacket, or the azaleas.  To me it means spring is truly here, that I really can plant anything I want to now, and it used to mean that spring break was over and I had to go back to work tomorrow.  Now that I'm retired, that last one is gone and it just means time to plant!

So no matter who wins this Masters, we all win.  Because spring has once again made it to Georgia, and who doesn't love that?

P.S.  Unless something truly funky happens in the next 5 minutes, a big congratulations goes out to Mr. Charl Schwartzel from South Africa on his first Masters win!

2 comments: